Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Julianne Moore wins Best Actress for Still Alice




Still Alice is a favourite book of mine, touched me deeply.  I read it before blogging and it still will get a 5 star.  How did I miss that the movie came out last year, did you see it?



I think Julianne Moore is the perfect choice for it, she is amazing.  I highly recommend this book by Lisa Genova.




Still Alice by Lisa Genova, her debut book

I read this book before I started blogging but I love it and I'm thankful for it because my father has Alzeheimer's and it helped me to understand how he feels at times especially from being in a high profile job and being a family man. A sad but brilliant book. I highly recommend. This one will always stay with me.

Summary

Still Alice is a compelling debut novel about a 50-year-old woman's sudden descent into early onset Alzheimer's disease, written by first-time author Lisa Genova, who holds a Ph. D in neuroscience from Harvard University.Alice Howland, happily married with three grown children and a house on the Cape, is a celebrated Harvard professor at the height of her career when she notices a forgetfulness creeping into her life. As confusion starts to cloud her thinking and her memory begins to fail her, she receives a devastating diagnosis: early onset Alzheimer's disease. Fiercely independent, Alice struggles to maintain her lifestyle and live in the moment, even as her sense of self is being stripped away. In turns heartbreaking, inspiring and terrifying, Still Alice captures in remarkable detail what's it's like to literally lose your mind...

Go here to see what prizes etc Lisa Genova has won for Still Alice http://www.stillalice.com/


Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce



9 comments:

  1. I've still not got to this brilliant book. Sounds wonderful reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is a very personal one to me. I read it during a time in my life that was filled with decisions and coping and adjusting and grieving. Both my parents had a dementia diagnosis, my father definitely with Alzheimers. I am so pleased that a movie has been made and I think that even though it is so hard for people to willingly read about or see a movie about this subject, I recommend it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personal to me also Kay. It was so helpful at the time for me dealing with my dad. I can't wait to see the movie. Sad but it was so inspiring.

      Delete
  3. LOVE this book, and Lisa Genova. Have you seen the movie yet? I haven't seen it but when they were talking about the nominees on an award show, I knew that Julianne Moore would win. I can't wait to see the movie now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen the movie yet. Looking forward to it though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I saw they made this a movie I thought of you! I want to read the book before seeing the movie :)

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Paula, you must, so good. Be in the mood for something outside of our normal love of crime :-)

      Delete
  6. I think I missed the news about this movie too! I did know that a movie was being made, I didn't know that it had already come out. I need to look for it, because the book was so powerful and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't realize it was adapted too! I've heard so many amazing things about it though that I can't wait to watch it. I loved Still Alice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.