Friday, September 20, 2013

Review - Creep by Jennifer Hillier



Published - July 2011

Book Summary

IF HE CAN’T HAVE HER . . .

Dr. Sheila Tao is a professor of psychology, an expert in human behavior with her own hidden past. But she’s not the only one keeping secrets. . . . When Sheila began an affair with her sexy graduate assistant Ethan Wolfe, she knew she was playing with fire. Consumed by lust when they were together, she was riddled with guilt when they were apart. Now she’s finally engaged to a good man, and it’s time to end the dangerous liaison. But Ethan has something different in mind. He intends to make her pay for rejecting him.

. . . NO ONE CAN.

As Sheila attempts to counter Ethan’s increasingly threatening moves, he schemes to reveal her darkest, most intimate secrets by destroying her prestigious career . . . and then her. Caught in a terrifying cat-and-mouse game, Sheila must fight for her life and free herself from the ex-lover whom she couldn’t resist—who is now the manipulative monster who won’t let her go.

CREEP

My Review 4 1/2

You will not be able to put this thriller down once you start.  It is dark, sexy and edgy suspense.  It was good characterization, I embraced all the characters even when I didn't like them.

I thought Sheila was a strong woman but then went on a roller coaster ride with what I thought of her.  A professional, a psychology Professor, how do they mistakes but everyone is human right.  She made some very bad choices starting a sexual relationship with her student but she is a sex addict that has fell off the wagon and her choice may kill her.

Some people can not be turned down and Ethan will not be sharing Sheila, how can she reject him now.  Ethan should have been an art student with the talent he has and on top of being a brilliant psyche student, scary, very scary. 

Morris, the fiancé, totally in love with Sheila had the rug pulled from under his feet, the week before their wedding.  I enjoyed his story, everything felt true with his reactions.

I did enjoy the genuine responses the characters had with each other, some of those moments were edge of your seat. It was a great intense book with the right amount of tension to keep you engaged and racing to the end.

The ending was brilliant, true meaning of "If I can't have you, no one can't".  A psychopath making safety decisions or is it just power and manipulation gone completely wrong.

This was a great escape thriller.  Fans of Chelsea Cain and MJ Rose will enjoy this one.

 My blogging friend Michelle, reviewed this and I wanted to read since 2011.  Here is her review on red headed bookchild.
 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful book, I will check it out. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love books that grab me like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you'd like it! I was going to say similar to Chelsea, but I didn't wNt tomfive anything away. Glad you enjoyed it :)

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. unputdownable hey, well that's good enough for me ... onto my wishlist it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first I've seen of this one. Looks like one I'd really like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you liked it (a bit more than I did ;)
    http://mentalfoodie.blogspot.com/2011/11/book-review-creep-by-jennifer-hillier.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.