Sunday, October 14, 2012

Review and Winner for Thriller Primal



Winner #5, congrats Steph
 
 
Omg, this sounds intense and scary! I've gotta read it! Thanks for the chance!

stephaniet117 at yahoo dot com
 

 
PRIMAL by D.A. Serra (screenplay originally purchased by James Cameron)
 
The most dangerous place on Earth is between a mother and her child...

With everything at stake - what are you capable of? What if the worst happens and you're not a policeman, a soldier, or a spy with weapons training and an iron heart? What if you're a schoolteacher - a mom? In this gritty crime thriller a family vacation takes a vicious turn when a fishing camp is invaded by four armed men. With nothing except her brains, her will, and the element of surprise on her side, Alison must learn to kill or watch her family die.

And then, things get worse.
 
My Review - 5
 
What a fantastic story, this had it all while keeping me on the edge of my seat. At only 222 pages this seriously left a thrilling impression on me. A mothers instinct will take priority over everything when it means protecting her child from life or death.
 
Primal was so much more than I expected, great characters, intense situations, the flow and energy, dialogue, plot and overall I found it came together and was believable.
 
Alison and her husband Hank decide to take their 8 year old son on his choice of vacation. They were expecting Disney but he chose a fishing trip. The petite put together mom does not have the ruffing it out look but she will not let her family down even though she could have got out of it.
 
We have the Bourne brothers whose mom's parental upbringing was loving to them but not trusting to the world which created monsters with her unorthodox psychotic way of thinking. I enjoyed the similar spark of the moms love for their families. The metaphors used throughout the story were very well done.
 
When these families come together by accident it is non stop action, hold onto your seats, you will not want to stop reading, completely engaged, you will get wrapped up and lost in this adventure. Some hardcore kick ass scenes, makes you say whoa. I was thinking, we are not even 50% in the story where would DA Serra go next.
 
The middle of the story is about dealing with the tragedies, the critical incidents that happened on the fishing vacation that was a matter of life and death. Alison has post traumatic stress and you then start wondering is she going crazy, how much help does she need or are her thoughts real. This part of the story was emotional and heartbreaking but Alison is an amazing strong female character.
 
Hank was such a supportive loving husband that was dealing with his own emotions and guilt to assist her. Finally he had to make some tough love choices which was like a slap in her face. This takes us towards the ending.
 
What a great wrap up ending, even if you figure it out it is still shocking, very well executed. I was thoroughly impressed and entertained throughout. I thought this can cross over to many genre fans appreciating it but it is a Thriller. You get Suspense, Romance, Adult Fiction, Crime all wrapped up to create a memorable story. Another read for the men in your life, they will appreciate as much as females.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Well if you give it a 5 I just have to read it! It does sound fantastic so I look forward to it :)

    Paula

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.