Monday, December 7, 2009

Yaaaaaaaay New Books

Buying Books in Bermuda is soooooooo expensive but I still do it as I love new books. Well the following ones the stores didn't have, yes I could have ordered but a friend went away and got the following from Borders for me - yaaaaaaaaaaay.




Uglies is the first book of the trilogy. The second book is Pretties and the third is Specials. It's about a world in which everyone has an operation when they turn sixteen, making them supermodel beautiful. Big eyes, full lips, no one fat or skinny. This seems like a good thing, but it's not. Especially if you're one of the uglies, a bunch of radical teens who've decided they want to keep their own faces. (How anti-social of them.)








After - An infant left in the trash to die. A teenage mother who never knew she was pregnant . . Before That Morning, these were the words most often used to describe straight-A student and star soccer player Devon Davenport: responsible, hardworking, mature. But all that changes when the police find Devon home sick from school as they investigate the case of an abandoned baby. Soon the connection is made - Devon has just given birth; the baby in the trash is hers. After That Morning, there's only one way to define Devon: attempted murderer.And yet gifted author Amy Efaw does the impossible - she turns Devon into an empathetic character, a girl who was in such deep denial that she refused to believe she was pregnant. Through airtight writing and fast-paced, gripping storytelling, Ms. Efaw takes the reader on Devon's unforgettable journey toward clarity, acceptance, and redemption.







The Quickie - Lauren Stillwell is not your average damsel in distress. When the NYPD cop discovers her husband leaving a hotel with another woman, she decides to beat him at his own game. But her revenge goes dangerously awry, and she finds her world spiraling into a hell that becomes more terrifying by the hour. In a further twist of fate, Lauren must take on a job that threatens everything she stands for. Now, she's paralyzed by a deadly secret that could tear her life apart. With her job and marriage on the line, Lauren's desire for retribution becomes a lethal inferno as she fights to save her livelihood--and her life. Patterson takes us on a twisting roller-coaster ride of thrills in his most gripping novel yet. This story of love, lust and dangerous secrets will have reader's hearts pounding to the very last page.








The Wrong Mother - Sally Thorning is watching the news with her husband when she hears an unexpected name-Mark Bretherick. It's a name she shouldn't know, but last year Sally treated herself to a secret vacation-away from her hectic family life-and met a man. After their brief affair, the two planned to never meet again. But now, Mark's wife and daughter are dead-and the safety of Sally's own family is in doubt. Sophie Hannah established herself as a new master of psychological suspense with her previous novel, Little Face. Now with accomplished prose and a plot guaranteed to keep readers guessing, The Wrong Mother is Hannah's most captivating work yet.



I have wanted to read Uglies for so long I just want to grab it and read it now but I added it to a 2010 challenge :-) Jan 1 I will be ready......


Book Blogger Friends - THANKS FOR THE RECOMMENDATIONS

16 comments:

  1. The Wrong Mother sounds suspenseful. All your books sound good. Enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marce, all your books sound like interesting dramatic reads. And you live in Bermuda! My hubby and I loved it when we took a vacation there. Enjoy your books! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your friend brought some good books back for you! Where do you live in Bermuda? Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool books!
    Uglies was great, and very thought provoking

    ReplyDelete
  5. bermudaonion - I just moved from Smiths back to Somerset after 7 years, currently looking to buy preference Page - Smiths.

    I smile everytime I see your logon name, your everywhere :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We lived in Andy's Cottagein Cedar Hill in the late 1950's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard such wonderful things about Uglies that I am seriously tempted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great selection of books. Happy reading!

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed the entire Uglies series. You've got some good reading ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved Uglies! And enjoy the others. They look like the books I generally stray away from, but potentially good anyways. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am starting Pretties momentarily--it has been over a year since I read Uglies so it will be nice to get back into the series.

    Enjoy After--it is a very compelling read.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know the feeling - it's super expensive, but I just can't help myself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. After & The Wrong Mother sound like compelling reads.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a great stack. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed Uglies but haven't read the rest of the series - since I joined a YA challenge in 2010 I guess I can add them to my to-read list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.